Monday, April 13, 2009

Second Day at St.Mary's

Today was my second day at St.Mary's and it was just as much fun as the first.  I knew what to expect so it was more enjoyable and I was more prepared to play activities with the students.  Today we view Shaymus who is in first grade and Kasey who is in kindergarten and we watched them perform the locomotor skills of running, galloping and hoping.  While watching these two I began to see that Shaymus was the better of the two at the skills because he could perform them more consistently, while Kasey on the other hand could do the skills sometimes but for the most part she could not perform them correctly.  During this lab I also learned more effective teaching strategies that I can use to make the activities more fun for the students and make it more fun for them.  Bringing in music, dressing up and using props are a very big part in making the activities run smoothly.  Today we also led a game called "Stinky Letter Stew" which consisted of the students either running, galloping and hoping with letters to the stinky stew.  The students enjoyed the game and I thought it was good because it incorporated locomotor skills with learning the ABC's.  

No comments:

Post a Comment